Why Invest in Noida?
News - Noida Master Plan 2031
21st January, 2012, The Times of India
The New Okhla Industrial Development Authority has rolled out the latest Master Plan which is to be finalised till the year 2031. All these changes are being brought to accommodate the already existing population of 25 Lacs along with a projected increase in population by 19 Lacs. This plan mainly stresses upon providing land and water infrastructural facilities for which lot of space has been earmarked. The infrastructural changes will include the construction of widening of roads with elevated structures, high-rise buildings, green spaces, hotels, major Metro underpasses & flyovers and road linkages to ease traffic. Hence it is quite visible that prime concentration will remain on vertical development of available spaces.
Highlights of the Master Plan 2031
- Increase in FAR (Floor Area Ratio)
- Widening of roads from 30 m to 45 m
- Increase in green spaces by 40%
- Increase emphasis on group housing projects to increase population density from 700 people per hectare to 1,650 people per hectare
- The new master plan hopes to build 2.5 Lac new houses along the expressway and adjacent to Noida Extension
- Noida is spread over 20,316 hectares. Out of this, 15,280 hectares has been notified for urbanized development, while 5,000 hectares comes under the riverbed.
- Adequate and better quality water to be supplied to Noida with the help of Pratap Vihar water treatment plant in Ghaziabad and the Upper Ganga Canal near Dasna